It's Dinner Time!

>> Friday, March 12, 2010

I love food.
Not only do I love food--but--I LOVE cooking.
Love it, love it, love it.
I am just getting to the level where I'm able to conjure up wonderful original menus, however, I'm still an amateur in that area.
And now...I've just found a great solution to my dilemma.
Marthastewart.com offers a nice selection of seasonal menus, and though I know I won't stick to every single item on the menu, or even follow the recipes exactly (I know, it's a shame--what can I say, I know what seasonings I love!), I'm a guidelines kinda girl, and marthastewart.com provides me with the basics on which I can build on top of.
The next dinner party I'm holding will be next weekend for my birthday, and I will most likely use an Asian theme.


 Hoisin-Roasted Game Hens w/Asparagus and Shiitake Stir-Fry

Salad: Carrot and Raddish Bundles
Main: Hoisin-Roasted Game Hens
I'll replace these with whole chicken pieces
Side: Asparagus and Shiitake Stir-fry
Dessert: Ginger Rice Pudding 


I'll tell y'all how it goes...


Happy Weekend,


Ivy

1 comments:

Anonymous March 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Hooray for basics!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP